Business relocations are complex, time-consuming projects that can have a major impact on productivity—and your bottom line—if not managed correctly. When looking to hire a professional office mover, there is a lot more to consider than with a residential move. Ask yourself the following questions to help evaluate your potential office move partners:
1. Scope Definition
What is the scope of your move?
- Personal Items – documents, files, desktop items
- Furniture – workstations, desks, tables, seating, storage components
- AV Technology – projectors, screens, collaboration devices
- IT Technology – servers, network components
- Computers – PCs, laptops, monitors and peripherals
- Printers – copiers, desktop printers and supplies
2. The Basics
- Do they have experience handling office equipment to minimize risk of damage?
- Do they offer packing services?
- Do they have recent references?
- Do they provide Certificates of Insurance?
- Do they have an adequate team to handle the scope of your move?
- What does the quote process look like and will the costs be explained in detail?
- Do they have the qualifications to uninstall and reinstall your furniture?
- Do they have experience moving sensitive AV and IT equipment such as servers, network components, projectors, screens and collaboration technology?
- Do they have experience to disconnect and reconnect technology systems and devices?
- Do they offer space planning or design services to optimize the layout of your new space?
- Do they have a defined process for ensuring a smooth and efficient move?
- Do you have one central point of contact to which you can direct all of your questions and concerns?
- How will move updates be communicated from the moving company to your move team, and then internally across your organization?
- Do they facilitate a positive employee experience with communication on move instructions, protocols for packing and unpacking, labeling and other critical information?