A creative workplace culture is essential to being innovative in today’s global, 24/7 business climate. The work we perform today has become increasingly complex, making creative work more and more critical to long-term business success. We aren’t talking about artists, musicians and writers, although they are incredibly important!
By creative work we mean problem solving, alone or in teams – finding unique solutions to complex problems. A workplace transformation should address how you are supporting creative work such as brainstorming, idea generation and collaboration.
5 ways to foster a creative workplace culture:
- Equip gathering spaces with collaborative technology for content sharing and HD videoconferencing. Consider an all-in-one device like Microsoft Surface Hub
- Ensure that employees have total freedom to choose where and how they work throughout the day, whether at a touchdown bench, a cafe table, or an enclosed quiet space
- Create a work café as your central ‘hub’, where employees can gather, socialize, dine and collaborate informally.
- Incorporate a BYOD strategy where employees bring their own devices and can seamlessly use them within the company infrastructure.
- Incorporate materials that offer inspiring colors, textures and patterns.
To see examples of forward-thinking workspaces that inspire creative work, download our Workplace Transformation guide.
Photo credit: Creative Spaces | © Steelcase Inc.
Yes .. helpful
Comments are closed.