We are proud to announce that Steelcase companies took home four Best of NeoCon awards. Innovative and insight-led products Brody and Thread led the charge in lounge furniture and integrated technologies. Several products were also recognized by Interior Design’s HiP recognition program.
Best of NeoCon – Gold Award
Designed to be good for your body and good for your brain.
- Typical lounge seating: typical lounge chairs are designed for waiting. Not working.
- Comfort is compromised: while most lounge spaces look comfortable, they provide little ergonomic support.
- Work + learning is compromised: people need more than chairs, alone, to get their work done. They need supportive surfaces for their notebooks and mobile devices. And those devices need power.
- Focus is compromised: today’s offices and universities are often open and exposed, providing little to no control over visual distractions.
- Designed for your body: providing high performance comfort and support, the Brody WorkLounge features patented LiveLumbar™ technology—bringing thoughtful ergonomic design to the lounge posture. The adjustable worksurface holds technology at eye level, reducing neck and shoulder strain.
- Designed for your brain: the Brody WorkLounge creates a shelter from visual distractions, offers privacy and provides an enhanced sense of psychological security.
- Designed for business: the Brody WorkLounge can help organizations and universities optimize their real estate by delivering a high-performance work space in a highly effective footprint. A smart alternative to enclaves, the Brody WorkLounge transforms under-utilized in-between spaces into covetable destinations.
Best of NeoCon – Silver Award
Simplifies power distribution, providing power to the devices we use and the places where we work and learn.
- It’s not easy: we need more power, but don’t have options. Core drilling and trenching are expensive, and damage architecture. Raised floor provides more flexibility but isn’t applicable to all spaces.
- People need technology: people carry an average of three devices with them to get work done throughout the day.
- Technology needs power: as mobile devices multiply, power needs escalate. Consequently, users sacrifice comfort and control for the needs of their devices.
- Active learning needs active spaces: classrooms are tethered to perimeter power, tangling students in a web of extension cords. Active learning requires spaces that are active, easily providing power to users and furniture.
- Ultra thin: at a height of just 3/16″, Thread’s power track seamlessly integrates into a space, providing power to furniture and users, without impacting foot traffic.
- Ultra simple: Thread’s simple kit of parts provides power to any space – whether in a café space or classroom – allowing under-utilized real estate to work harder.
- Ultra fast: installing Thread is as easy as laying carpet, with modularity that makes it easy to reconfigure. Power can easily be added to new construction or retrofitted into existing spaces.
Surface Materials by Designtex
- Play Date (shown above) – Editor’s Choice award
- Check Up Collection – Gold Award
Bringing together physiology and biology to support wellbeing at work.
Sleek, modern and incredibly versatile – the perfect choice for short-term sitting.
An expanded line of products to support mobile work.
Want to learn more?