One of the most effective ways to reduce the spread of COVID-19 in physical offices and work spaces is to proactively protect employees. According to the CDC, screening employees and visitors for illness is highly recommended upon arrival at the workplace. There are several ways to conduct office temperature checks manually, but an automated system can seamlessly screen people as they enter the building naturally.
- CDC recommendation: Ask employees to take their own temperature either before coming to the workplace or upon arrival at the workplace. If performing a temperature check on multiple individuals, make sure that you use a clean pair of gloves for each employee and that the thermometer has been thoroughly cleaned in between each check.
- RapidEntry: Features a tunnel designed for multiple people to pass through and automatically take their temperature at the same time. Each model includes thermal cameras with calibrators, monitor stations with management software, and metrics on the number of people tested, re-tested and turned away.
- CDC recommendation: Upon arrival, stand at least 6 feet away from the employee and ask the employee to confirm that their temperature is less than 100.4 F (38.0o C), and confirm that they are not experiencing coughing or shortness of breath.
- RapidEntry: Provides rapid, non-intrusive and automated office temperature checks that fits into most building lobbies or check-in spaces and supports physical distancing without queuing. Its expanded footprint streamlines traffic flow and protects screener.
- CDC recommendation: The screener should wash their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol, put on a facemask, eye protection (goggles or disposable face shield that fully covers the front and sides of the face), and a single pair of disposable gloves. A gown could be considered if extensive contact with an employee is anticipated.
- RapidEntry: Offers staffing (certified healthcare professionals) because of Red Thread’s partnership with TrueCare24 to monitor RapidEntry’s temperature checks and provide secondary temperature checks as needed. TrueCare24 staff follow all CDC recommendations.
- CDC recommendation: During screening, the screener stands behind a physical barrier, such as a glass or plastic window or partition, that can protect the screener’s face and mucous membranes from respiratory droplets that may be produced when the employee sneezes, coughs, or talks.
- RapidEntry: Protects attendant via plexiglass shielding as people pass through the tunnel. Additional attendant protection is available in a private screening station for secondary temperature checks with a plexiglass space divider.
- CDC recommendation: To protect themselves at work, employees should follow the policies and procedures of the employer related to illness, cleaning and disinfecting, and work meetings and travel.
- RapidEntry: Provides dual digital signage displays to convey COVID-19 protocols, building information, symptoms to be aware of, etc.
We want to be your partner in helping you select, procure, and deliver on solutions like office temperature checks to allow a safe workplace re-entry. Please reach out to us with any questions and for pricing.