Business relocations are complex, time-consuming projects that can have a major impact on productivity—and your bottom line—if not managed correctly. When looking to hire a professional office mover, there is a lot more to consider than with a residential move. Ask yourself the following questions to help evaluate your potential office move partners:
1. Scope Definition
What is the scope of your move?
- Personal Items – documents, files, desktop items
- Furniture – workstations, desks, tables, seating, storage components
- AV Technology – projectors, screens, collaboration devices
- IT Technology – servers, network components
- Computers – PCs, laptops, monitors and peripherals
- Printers – copiers, desktop printers and supplies
2. The Basics
- Do they have experience handling office equipment to minimize risk of damage?
- Do they offer packing services?
- Do they have recent references?
- Do they provide Certificates of Insurance?
- Do they have an adequate team to handle the scope of your move?
- What does the quote process look like and will the costs be explained in detail?
- Do they have the qualifications to uninstall and reinstall your furniture?
- Do they have experience moving sensitive AV and IT equipment such as servers, network components, projectors, screens and collaboration technology?
- Do they have experience to disconnect and reconnect technology systems and devices?
- Do they offer space planning or design services to optimize the layout of your new space?
- Do they have a defined process for ensuring a smooth and efficient move?
- Do you have one central point of contact to which you can direct all of your questions and concerns?
- How will move updates be communicated from the moving company to your move team, and then internally across your organization?
- Do they facilitate a positive employee experience with communication on move instructions, protocols for packing and unpacking, labeling and other critical information?
If you take into consideration the criteria above when selecting your office mover, you are likely to select the best partner to ensure a smooth, seamless transition into your new space!