According to the COVID-19 forecast from the CDC, up to 2.3 million new cases will likely be reported by December 12, 2020. With cases on the rise, it’s important for organizations to consider critical and real-time requirements for the post-COVID workplace through a workplace re-entry checklist.
While some businesses might shift to complete remote work as we enter a second phase of COVID-19, the physical office space will continue to be important for collaboration and company culture. In fact, more than 4 out of 10 respondents in a recent poll by LinkedIn influencer Ryan Holmes reported missing out on the social interactions that are such a core part of office life.
Organizations are leveraging technology-driven communication platforms like Zoom or Teams, but there’s still a lot of work to be done for employees who long to be back in the comfort of the office now, in the near term, and in the future.
Here’s a workplace re-entry checklist in real-time that leaders should take into consideration:
Spaceti, an enterprise IoT platform that uses data-driven analytics to optimize workplace occupancy and wellbeing, checks off each item on this workplace re-entry checklist.
- Workplace occupancy
With Spaceti’s Workplace Analytics, you’ll have the ability to know how many people are in the office and where they are working. You can also:
- Maintain a safe and data-driven workplace
- Provide a transparent overview of booked and available workspaces
- Flexibly adjust the workplaces that can be booked
- Social distancing
Implementing a social distancing strategy by being able to recognize where safe distancing can be maintained is achievable via Spaceti. You can also:
- Set zones or individual areas that people can book in the mobile app
- Ensure that interactions are kept to a minimum
- Change dashboard settings according to current occupancy needs
- Personal booking
Employees can easily book a meeting room, workstation, or parking spot from their own home via Spaceti’s mobile app. They will also be able to:
- Use the real-time map to find the right place to work
- Edit the start and end times, including the date
- Take advantage of the personal calendar to see their own schedule and booked spaces
- Air quality
With Spaceti’s Environmental Analytics, you can maintain indoor relative humidity levels above 40% to reduce the spread of airborne transmission. You can also:
- Set the ideal temperature to reduce the spread of COVID-19
- Reduce CO2 levels and assure proper ventilation
- Create a healthier work environment and improve productivity
- Contact tracing
By tracking data maintained in system, you can provide a notification in the event someone becomes ill. You’ll also be able to:
- Monitor the presence of people in each workspace during any timeframe
- Implement mandatory quarantines if someone becomes infected
- Create formatted reports and use the data to constantly monitor the workplace
In order to build trust with employees and demonstrate that the workplace is safe, organizations need to implement new technologies that monitor safety compliance, such as Spaceti. Interested in learning more? Check out all our post-COVID technology solutions and get in touch with us today.